Evogen Professional Descaler is an eco-benign®, non-acid based and safer but highly effective product for the removal of limescale and other scales in a variety of applications. Evogen Professional Descaler is available in 1 Litre containers.
The product is based on a low pH organic salt that replaces traditional mineral and organic acids in scale removal applications, reducing harmful effects to the environment.
The basic raw material has >70% of the strength of hydrochloric acid in terms of dissolving calcium carbonate: but it is not corrosive to skin or mild steel. The raw material is 2 to 3 times more effective at scale removal than phosphoric acid and is also phosphate free.
It is broadly equivalent activity wise to sulphamic acid but with no environmental concerns. The raw material is 4 to 10 times more effective at scale removal than green products based on organic acids such as citric or glycolic acids.
Evogen Professional Descaler contains added surfactants to further boost performance, which also means that a separate degreaser is not required if scale is contaminated with oil and grease.
For cleaning and scale removal, as a guideline, we recommend application of the product and soaking for 30 minutes. If significant scale remains, leave for a further 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of product. Do not allow the concentrated product to sit for any length of time on the decorative surface of metals as some discoloration may occur.
- Scale is a deposit of insoluble metal salts that can form a hard, insoluble layer on surfaces, and is a particular problem in hard water areas
- Acidic products are used to dissolve or remove scale in a wide range of applications:
- Limescale removal for kettles, irons, washing machines and dishwashers
- Toilet bowl and bathroom cleaners
- Industrial applications such as rust removal or equipment descaling
- The product can also be used for stone and concrete cleaning in professional and industrial areas
- Equivalent activity to sulphamic acid powders: More effective than most organic acids (citric, malic) and many mineral acids such as phosphoric acid
- Contains a powerful degreasing agent within the formulation: Is effective in the presence of oil and grease contamination, when other products fail to work or require a separate degreasing step
- Breaks down to natural biomaterials: These are totally biodegradable in a waste water treatment plant or in the environment
- Is the only effective eco-benign® product within this sector: Unique minimal environmental impact
- Concentrated product is classified only as a skin irritant and does not require the higher corrosive to skin classification: Providing a safer environment in which to work and handle the product
- Not classified as harmful to environment
- Easy to use directional nozzle: Ease of application according to need
- Can also be used for cleaning stone, concrete, removing oxidation, algae etc., both for professional and industrial uses: Broad application use from single product